Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer29.83 in (1015.0 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Grand Canyon, Grand Canyon National Park Airport (KGCN)
Lat: 35.94611 Lon: -112.15472 Elev: 6608ft.
12 Miles SE Phantom Ranch AZ
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 26. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 2. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 33. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -2. Southwest wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Windy, with a southwest wind 9 to 19 mph increasing to 21 to 31 mph in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday A 10 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coconino Plateau, AZ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE