Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 3 mph
- Barometer29.98 in (1014.8 mb)
- Dewpoint51°F (11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Oak Ridge (KOQT)
Lat: 36.02 Lon: -84.23 Elev: 910ft.
3 Miles WNW Oneida TN
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Occasional showers. Steady temperature around 48. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 51. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night Rain, mainly before 1am. Low around 32. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 7am, then a chance of freezing rain between 7am and 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain before 8pm, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 32. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 45. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 49. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Scott County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE