Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 5 mph
- Barometer30.48 in (1032.8 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Poplar Bluff Municipal Airport (KPOF)
Lat: 36.77 Lon: -90.32 Elev: 479ft.
3 Miles SSE Van Buren MO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 34. North wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 4. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 34. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. South southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain and sleet likely. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. South wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night Rain, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 2am, then a chance of sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain and snow before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Calm wind becoming north northwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Calm wind.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. South wind around 7 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. West southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Carter County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE