Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer30.42 in (1031.7 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
West Plains Municipal Airport (KUNO)
Lat: 36.88 Lon: -91.9 Elev: 1227ft.
5 Miles W Eminence MO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Wind chill values as low as 13. South wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Freezing rain and sleet likely before 2pm, then freezing rain between 2pm and 3pm, then rain after 3pm. High near 35. Wind chill values as low as 13. South wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then snow and sleet. Steady temperature around 33. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Areas of freezing drizzle before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Wind chill values as low as 24. Light north wind becoming northwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shannon County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE