Contrasting Temperatures Across Much of the U.S. Ahead of a Strong Weekend Storm System.
On Friday, temperatures will be 15 to 20 degrees BELOW average for the Northern and Central Plains and 15 to 20 degrees ABOVE average for parts of the Lower and Middle Mississippi Valley into parts of the Tennessee and Ohio Valleys. But hang on; big changes are on the way this weekend!
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer29.83 in (1009.8 mb)
- Dewpoint50°F (10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill52°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
West Plains Municipal Airport (KUNO)
Lat: 36.88 Lon: -91.9 Elev: 1227ft.
5 Miles NE Eminence MO
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 50 percent chance of rain or drizzle. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 56. South wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Friday A chance of rain, mainly between noon and 3pm, then a chance of showers after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 62. South wind 7 to 11 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night Periods of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 40. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Saturday Periods of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 51. Wind chill values as low as 35 early. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 2 and 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Periods of showers before midnight, then a chance of rain or drizzle after midnight. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 38. Light and variable wind becoming west 6 to 11 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Christmas Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shannon County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE