Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer30.15 in
- Visibility4.00 mi
Current conditions at
West Plains Municipal Airport (KUNO)
Lat: 36.88 Lon: -91.9 Elev: 1227ft.
11 Miles ENE Hartshorn MO
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 3pm, then rain and sleet between 3pm and 4pm, then rain, freezing rain, and sleet after 4pm. High near 34. Wind chill values as low as 24. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Periods of snow and sleet, becoming all snow after midnight. Low around 29. South wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Areas of snow and freezing drizzle before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Wind chill values as low as 21. Light northwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shannon County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE