Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.62 in (1002.7 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lawrence Municipal Airport (KLWC)
Lat: 39.02°N Lon: 95.22°W Elev: 833ft.
5 Miles SSE Lawrence KS
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. South wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday A 10 percent chance of rain after 5pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Night Rain likely, possibly mixing with snow after 1am, then gradually ending. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Breezy, with a north wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 39.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Douglas County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE