Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.46 in (1031.8 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet. High near 32. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 1am, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 28. Southeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 10am. High near 42. West wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain before 1am, then a slight chance of flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE