Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer30.55 in (1037.8 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-5°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Bloomington / Normal (KBMI)
Lat: 40.48 Lon: -88.93 Elev: 892ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values between -4 and 1. North northwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values between -4 and 6. North northwest wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 13. Wind chill values between 4 and 9. East northeast wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow before noon, then occasional freezing drizzle, possibly mixed with snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East southeast wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night Occasional freezing drizzle, possibly mixed with snow, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Southeast wind 9 to 13 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McLean County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE