Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast with Haze
- Wind SpeedVrbl 7 mph
- Barometer30.43 in (1029.6 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 3am, then rain or freezing rain between 3am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Low around 29. East wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 43. East wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of light snow, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. West wind around 15 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE