Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1022.7 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Caldwell, Essex County Airport (KCDW)
Lat: 40.88 Lon: -74.28 Elev: 174ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A slight chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 24. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 10pm, then snow and sleet between 10pm and 1am, then freezing rain after 1am. Temperature rising to around 30 by 3am. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Friday Cloudy, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Essex, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE