Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 16 mph
- Barometer29.78 in (1009.4 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Lansing, Capital City Airport (KLAN)
Lat: 42.78°N Lon: 84.6°W Elev: 841ft.
East Lansing MI
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon A chance of snow before 5pm, then a slight chance of snow after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 17. North wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight A 10 percent chance of snow before 7pm, then widespread blowing snow after 7pm. Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around -2. Wind chill values as low as -11. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -12. West northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. South southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 41. West southwest wind 13 to 16 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Ingham County, MI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE