Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 21 MPH
- Barometer30.11 in (1024.1 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Mountain Home Air Force Base (KMUO)
Lat: 43.05 Lon: -115.86667 Elev: 2995ft.
10 Miles WNW Grand View ID
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East southeast wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 15. East southeast wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 25. East southeast wind 7 to 11 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around -1. Wind chill values between -8 and -18. Northwest wind around 15 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. West northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday A 30 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Treasure Valley, ID
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE