Last Update: 1228 PM EST SUN DEC 21 2014
Moriches Inlet NY to Montauk Point NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TO THE NORTH AND EAST OF THE WATERS THROUGH
MONDAY. A VERY WEAK LOW PASSES SOUTH OF THE WATERS ON TUESDAY WITH A
WARM FRONT REMAINING TO THE SOUTH. A STRONG COLD FRONT CROSSES THE
WATERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FOR THE END OF THE
- This Afternoon N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft. A chance of light rain.
- Tonight NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft. Scattered sprinkles and flurries.
- Mon E winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Mon Night E winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of rain.
- Tue E winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft...building to 4 to 5 ft in the afternoon. A chance of rain.
- Tue Night E winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft. Rain likely.
- Wed SE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...becoming S 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt in the afternoon...then increasing to 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft...building to 9 to 12 ft. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Thu W winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 9 to 12 ft...subsiding to 7 to 10 ft after midnight. Rain likely in the morning.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Moriches Inlet NY to Montauk Point NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE