Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 359 AM EDT MON SEP 1 2014
Moriches Inlet NY to Montauk Point NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT
- SynopsisAS ONE SURFACE TROUGH DEPARTS THIS MORNING...ANOTHER WILL DEVELOP
WEST OF NEW YORK CITY THIS AFTERNOON AND REMAIN JUST WEST OF THE AREA
THROUGH TONIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH THE AREA ON TUESDAY
MOVING THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN FROM
THE SOUTH AND WEST THROUGH FRIDAY.
- Today SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft...subsiding to 3 to 4 ft late this morning. Scattered showers and tstms. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tonight SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Scattered showers and tstms in the evening with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tue SW winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tue Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wed NW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wed Night W winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming N after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thu N winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming S in the afternoon and evening...then becoming SW after midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Fri SW winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
winds and seas higher in and near tstms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Moriches Inlet NY to Montauk Point NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE