Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 330 AM EST WED JAN 28 2015
Chesapeake Bay from Drum Point MD to Smith Point VA
Marine Zone Forecast
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW. WAVES FLAT WHERE WATERS ARE ICED OVER.
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THURSDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD GRADUALLY ACROSS THE MID ATLANTIC STATES
THROUGH TONIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE OHIO VALLEY
THURSDAY...THEN PASS ACROSS THE CHESAPEAKE REGION THURSDAY NIGHT.
HIGH PRESSURE RETURNS FRIDAY AND REMAINS THROUGH THE FIRST PART OF
SUNDAY. A GALE WARNING MAY BE REQUIRED ON FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY
- Rest Of The Overnight NW winds 20 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Waves 5 ft.
- Today NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Waves 5 ft.
- Tonight NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt... Becoming S 5 to 10 kt late. Waves 4 ft...subsiding to 2 ft after midnight.
- Thu E winds 5 kt...becoming S 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt in the afternoon. Waves 1 ft...building to 3 ft in the afternoon.
- Thu Night S winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming SW after midnight. Gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain.
- Fri NW winds 25 to 30 kt. Waves 4 ft.
- Fri Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Waves 4 ft.
- Sat NW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming N 5 to 10 kt. Waves 3 ft... Subsiding to 1 to 2 ft.
- Sun S winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain or snow through the day...then rain or snow likely through the night.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Chesapeake Bay from Drum Point MD to Smith Point VA
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE