Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 130 PM EDT MON JUL 28 2014
Chesapeake Bay from Drum Point MD to Smith Point VA
Marine Zone Forecast
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL PASS THROUGH THE WATERS THIS AFTERNOON. GUSTY
WINDS WILL PERSIST THROUGH THIS EVENING ON THE WATERS. HIGH PRESSURE
WILL MOVE OVER THE AREA TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.
- This Afternoon W winds 15 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Waves 3 ft.
- Tonight NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Waves 3 ft... Subsiding to 1 ft after midnight.
- Tue N winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 2 ft.
- Tue Night NW winds around 5 kt. Waves 1 ft.
- Wed NW winds around 5 kt. Waves 1 ft.
- Wed Night S winds around 5 kt. Waves 1 ft.
- Thu SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Fri E winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. A chance of showers and tstms through the night.
winds and waves higher and visibilities lower in and near tstms.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER AND VISIBILITIES LOWER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Chesapeake Bay from Drum Point MD to Smith Point VA
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE