Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 8 G 21 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill52°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Batesville Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KBVX)
Lat: 35.73 Lon: -91.65 Elev: 463ft.
This Afternoon Mostly sunny. Breezy. Highs in the mid 50s. North winds 15 to 20 mph...with gusts to around 30 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Areas of frost. Lows in the upper 20s. North winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening...decreasing to 5 mph after midnight. Saturday Sunny. Areas of frost in the morning. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 5 mph. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Southeast winds 5 mph. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Monday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain. Lows in the lower 50s. The chance of precipitation 30 percent. Tuesday Showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the mid 60s. The chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tuesday Night Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the upper 40s. The chance of precipitation 60 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 60. The chance of precipitation 30 percent. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Thursday Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE