Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNE 3 mph
Barometer30.23 in (1026.9 mb)
Current conditions at
City Of Colorado Springs Municipal Airport (KCOS)
Lat: 38.81 Lon: -104.69 Elev: 6181ft.
Pikes Peak above 11000 Ft
Today Cloudy. Slight chance of snow late in the morning. Chance of snow in the afternoon. Highs 20 to 34. West winds around 10 mph in the morning becoming light. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Tonight Cloudy. Chance of snow until midnight...then snow likely after midnight. Snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches. Lows 10 to 20. Northeast winds up to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Saturday Cloudy. Snow likely in the morning...then chance of snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Highs 22 to 28. West winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Saturday Night Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow. Lows 7 to 15. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 10 percent chance of snow. Highs 19 to 26. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Sunday Night Through Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows 10 to 23. Highs 22 to 36. Wednesday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of snow. Highs 19 to 31. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 10 percent chance of snow. Lows 10 to 19. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs 22 to 35.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE