Calm, but cold conditions move into eastern, southern U.S. behind storm
The late-season winter storm that brought snow and ice to parts of the eastern and southern U.S. has moved offshore and in its wake high pressure and arctic air will settle in. Temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal on Friday across these regions. Meanwhile, light snow showers are possible across parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes.
Wind SpeedN 14 mph
Barometer30.31 in (1026.2 mb)
Current conditions at
Apalachicola, Apalachicola (KAAF)
Lat: 29.73 Lon: -85.02 Elev: 20ft.
Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows 40 to 45. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs 63 to 66. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Saturday Night Mostly clear. Lows 45 to 50. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs 65 to 70. East winds around 10 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon. Sunday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain after midnight. Lows 54 to 57. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Monday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Highs 66 to 70. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Lows around 61. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs 70 to 75. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Lows around 60. Wednesday Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Highs 69 to 74. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Lows around 59. Thursday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs 68 to 73. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Lows around 59. Friday Cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs 67 to 71. Chance of rain 40 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE