Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy and Breezy
Wind SpeedN 21 G 28 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Jacksonville Municipal Airport (KIJX)
Lat: 39.78 Lon: -90.23 Elev: 623ft.
Rest Of Today Sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Windy. North winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Widespread frost through the night. lows in the mid 20s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the evening. Saturday Widespread frost in the morning. Sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 30. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 40. Monday Not as cool. Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s. Monday Night And Tuesday Showers likely. Lows in the upper 40s. Highs in the upper 50s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Wednesday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 50s. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Thursday Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE