Flash flooding possible across southern Plains
A wet weather system continues across the southern U.S., with abundant moisture brining heavy rain and a risk of flash flooding to parts of the southern Plains on Wednesday. The heaviest rain will fall across Oklahoma, though flood watches and warnings are in effect eastern Colorado to western Arkansas. The flash flood threat should diminish on Thursday, as the system weakens over Texas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedW 7 mph
Barometer30.06 in (1018.0 mb)
Current conditions at
Grissom Air Force Base / Peru (KGUS)
Lat: 40.65 Lon: -86.15 Elev: 830ft.
Rest Of Today Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 50s. Northwest winds up to 5 mph. Thursday Partly cloudy. Slight chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. West winds up to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 60. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Friday Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds up to 5 mph. Friday Night Partly cloudy with slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Saturday Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Saturday Night And Sunday Partly cloudy. Lows around 60. Highs around 80. Sunday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s. Monday And Monday Night Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s. Lows in the mid 60s. Tuesday Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE