Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 8 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Liberal Municipal Automatic Weather Observing (KLBL)
Lat: 37.05 Lon: -100.97 Elev: 2956ft.
Today Mostly sunny. Cooler. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the mid 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon. Tonight Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Saturday Windy. Partly cloudy. Warmer. Highs in the upper 60s. South winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Saturday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. South winds 15 to 20 mph. Sunday Partly cloudy. Breezy. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Monday Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Colder. Lows in the upper 30s. Tuesday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Wednesday Through Thursday Clear. Highs in the upper 60s. Lows 33 to 38.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE