Nor'easter winding down as new system approaches Northeast, record-breaking warmth continues across central U.S.
The nor'easter that brought 2-3 feet of snow to parts of the Northeast is winding down, with heavy snow and strong winds continuing across eastern Maine on Wednesday. Another round of snow is expected across the Northeast Thursday into Friday. Meanwhile, temperatures as much as 25-35 degrees above normal will continue across the central U.S.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Fair and Breezy
Wind SpeedS 21 G 29 mph
Barometer29.71 in (1005.8 mb)
Current conditions at
Olathe, New Century Aircenter (KIXD)
Lat: 38.82 Lon: -94.89 Elev: 1086ft.
Tonight Clear in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Breezy. Lows in the upper 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest 15 to 25 mph after midnight. Thursday Mostly sunny. Breezy. Much cooler. Highs in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Thursday Night Clear...colder. Lows in the lower 20s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds. Friday Night Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Temperatures steady or slowly rising after midnight. Light and variable winds. Saturday Cloudy. Chance of rain in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Temperatures steady in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Saturday Night Rain and snow likely. Lows in the upper 20s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Sunday Mostly cloudy. Chance of snow in the morning...then a chance of rain and snow in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Sunday Night And Monday Partly cloudy. Lows around 10. Highs in the mid 20s. Monday Night And Tuesday Partly cloudy. Lows around 16. Highs in the upper 30s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Wednesday Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE