Severe weather is expected across the central and southern Plains on Wednesday
The Storm Prediction Center is forecasting severe weather for Wednesday across much of the central and southern Plains. Primary threats will be large hail and damaging winds. There could also be small tornado risk farther south along the dryline.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 18 G 28 mph
Barometer29.64 in (1004.2 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill34°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Worcester Regional Airport (KORH)
Lat: 42.28 Lon: -71.87 Elev: 986ft.
Overnight Mostly cloudy...then becoming partly cloudy. Cooler with lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Thursday Sunny and windy. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Thursday Night Clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph...diminishing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs around 60. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming southwest in the afternoon. Friday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs around 60. Chance of rain 40 percent. Saturday Night Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Sunday Through Monday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Lows around 40. Monday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Tuesday Through Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 50s. Lows in the lower 40s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE