Winter weather making a return to parts of the central and eastern U.S.
After a brief taste of spring on Saturday, conditions will deteriorate on Sunday from the mid-Mississippi River Valley to the mid-Atlantic. A cold front will usher in unseasonably cold temperatures while a storm gathers strength in the Southeast and East Coast. This will bring a chance of late-season snow, particularly for the central Appalachians and mid-Atlantic.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.98 in (1015.1 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Patuxent River, Naval Air Station (KNHK)
Lat: 38.29 Lon: -76.4 Elev: 46ft.
- Tonight Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain early in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain late. Colder with highs in the lower 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.
- Sunday Night Snow with a chance of rain early in the evening... Then snow in the late evening and overnight. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Breezy with lows in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
- Monday Cloudy. Snow likely...mainly in the morning. Additional moderate snow accumulation possible. Brisk and cold with highs in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.
- Monday Night Cloudy. A chance of snow in the evening. Lows in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent.
- Tuesday Cloudy. A chance of rain. Highs in the lower 40s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain in the evening. Lows in the mid 30s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the mid 50s.
- Wednesday Night And Thursday Partly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 30s. Highs in the mid 50s.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then clearing. Lows in the mid 30s.
- Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.
- Friday Night And Saturday Partly cloudy. Lows around 40. Highs in the lower 60s.
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE