Winter weather forecast from Great Lakes to Northeast, Four Corners region
Snow is expected Thursday and Friday from the Great Lakes to the Northeast, as a clipper system moves across the region. This will be nothing like the nor'easter that brought up to three feet of snow to parts of the Northeast earlier this week, as snowfall totals of six inches or less are expected. Snow and freezing rain are forecast for parts of the Four Corners region through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
Barometer29.78 in (1009.9 mb)
Visibility1.00 mi Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Selfridge Air National Guard Base (KMTC)
Lat: 42.62 Lon: -82.83 Elev: 581ft.
Early This Evening Light snow. Accumulations up to a half inch. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent. Tonight Breezy. Scattered light snow showers until around midnight. Cloudy. Lows 8 to 12. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts to 30 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent. Wind chills down to around 6 below. Friday Breezy. Partly cloudy until 1 pm...then mostly sunny. Highs 15 to 19. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph...with gusts to 30 mph...decreasing to 5 to 15 mph. Wind chills down to around 10 below. Friday Night Partly cloudy until 4 am...then mostly cloudy. Lows 7 to 11 during the evening...with temperatures steady or slowly rising after midnight. Light west winds...becoming light south. Saturday Mostly cloudy. Highs 25 to 29. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy until around midnight...then partly cloudy. Lows 10 to 14. West winds 5 to 15 mph...becoming north. Wind chills down to around 3 below. Sunday Cloudy with a chance of light snow. Highs 14 to 18. Chance of snow 30 percent. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows 2 below to 4 above zero. Monday Partly cloudy. Highs 12 to 16. Monday Night Partly cloudy. Lows 1 to 7. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Highs 21 to 25. Chance of snow 30 percent. Tuesday Night Cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Lows 16 to 20. Chance of snow 40 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Highs 24 to 28. Chance of snow 40 percent. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows 1 below to 5 above zero. Thursday Partly cloudy. Highs 12 to 16.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE