Severe weather continues to be forecast for much of the weekend across the southern U.S.
Severe weather is possible on Saturday from southwest Texas to the central Gulf Coast. Primary threats are damaging wind gusts and a tornado or two. On Sunday, a similar risk exists from the western Gulf Coast states across the Southeast to the coastal Carolinas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedS 13 mph
Visibility1.25 mi Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Fairmont Municipal Automatic Weather Observing (KFRM)
Lat: 43.66 Lon: -94.42 Elev: 1161ft.
Rest Of Tonight Not as cold. Cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Saturday Decreasing clouds. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs around 40. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Saturday Night Patchy fog in the evening. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Near steady temperature in the mid 30s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Sunday Cloudy. A 30 percent chance of rain in the morning. Near steady temperature in the upper 30s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Sunday Night Colder...breezy. Mostly cloudy. Patchy blowing and drifting snow. A 30 percent chance of snow after midnight. Lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Monday Breezy. Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Areas of blowing and drifting snow in the morning. Blowing and drifting snow in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 20s. Monday Night Breezy. Decreasing clouds. A 20 percent chance of snow. Areas of blowing and drifting snow. Lows around 13. Tuesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 20s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of snow. Lows around 18. Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow. Highs in the mid 20s. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 8. Thanksgiving Day Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow. Highs around 15. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 9. Friday Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 20s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE