The flash flooding threat will begin moving east out of the Plains into the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes on Thursday
Flash flooding will continue to be possible on Thursday but will begin moving out of the central and northern Plains. The area of concern will be the Upper Midwest edging into the the eastern Great Lakes region. 1 to 2 inches of rainfall will be possible into Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedS 7 mph
Barometer30.01 in (1015.0 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Heat Index77°F (25°C)
Current conditions at
Joplin Regional Airport (KJLN)
Lat: 37.18 Lon: -94.5 Elev: 982ft.
Tonight Mostly clear. Isolated thunderstorms early in the evening. Lows around 70. Light wind. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. South winds around 10 mph. Thursday Night Mostly clear. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Lows around 70. South winds around 10 mph. Friday Thunderstorms likely. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Friday Night Thunderstorms likely. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Saturday Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 70. Sunday And Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Highs around 90. Lows in the lower 70s. Labor Day Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Monday Night And Tuesday Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 70. Highs around 90. Tuesday Night Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 70. Wednesday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE