Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Breezy
Wind SpeedN 24 G 32 mph
Barometer30.34 in (1027.8 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield-Branson National Airport (KSGF)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -93.38 Elev: 1259ft.
Today Breezy. Much cooler. Partly sunny in the morning then clearing. Highs in the mid 40s. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Tonight Much colder. Clear. Widespread frost through the night. Lows in the lower 20s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light after midnight. Saturday Mostly sunny. Widespread frost in the morning. Highs around 50. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the morning becoming light in the afternoon. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Sunday Breezy. Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s. South winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows around 40. Monday Partly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Monday Night And Tuesday Showers likely. Lows around 50. Highs around 60. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 50 percent. Wednesday Partly sunny with a chance of showers. Highs around 60. Chance of rain 30 percent. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE