Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 12 G 20 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill40°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Branson Airport (KBBG)
Lat: 36.53 Lon: -93.2 Elev: 1303ft.
Today Breezy. Much cooler. Partly sunny in the morning then clearing. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Tonight Much colder. Clear. Widespread frost through the night. Lows in the lower 20s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light after midnight. Saturday Mostly sunny. Widespread frost in the morning. Highs around 50. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the morning becoming light in the afternoon. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Monday Partly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Showers likely. Lows in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday Showers likely. Highs around 60. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday Night Showers likely. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday Partly sunny with a chance of showers. Highs around 60. Chance of rain 40 percent. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE