Calm, but cold conditions move into eastern, southern U.S. behind storm
The late-season winter storm that brought snow and ice to parts of the eastern and southern U.S. has moved offshore and in its wake high pressure and arctic air will settle in. Temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal on Friday across these regions. Meanwhile, light snow showers are possible across parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes.
Current conditions at
Lexington, Davidson County Airport (KEXX)
Lat: 35.78 Lon: -80.3 Elev: 732ft.
Tonight Clear. Cold with lows in the lower 20s. Light and variable winds. Saturday Sunny. Not as cool with highs in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Night Clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Monday Mostly cloudy. Highs around 60. Monday Night And Tuesday Cloudy with showers likely. Lows in the lower 40s. Highs in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 50s. Wednesday Night And Thursday Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Highs around 60. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Friday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE