Rainfall and mountain snow will continue across the western U.S. into Monday
Heavy precipitation along the west coast will persist with a focus along the Coastal Ranges and Cascades. While not nearly as impressive as recent days, the forecast suggests another 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible across this region. Farther inland, moderate to heavy snow is likely over the Wasatch and Colorado Rockies with 1 to 2 foot amounts possible through Monday.
Barometer30.07 in (1018.4 mb)
Current conditions at
Asheville, Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.43 Lon: -82.54 Elev: 2165ft.
Today Patchy fog this morning. Cloudy with a chance of light rain and drizzle. Highs in the lower 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Tonight Cloudy. A chance of rain. Patchy fog. Near steady temperatures in the upper 30s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Tuesday Patchy fog in the morning. Rain. Highs in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent. Tuesday Night Rain. Near steady temperatures in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent. Wednesday Rain in the morning...then showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 50s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers in the evening. Breezy with lows in the lower 30s. Chance of rain 50 percent. Christmas Day Partly sunny in the morning...then clearing. Highs in the mid 40s. Thursday Night And Friday Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Highs around 50. Friday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Saturday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 50. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers in the evening...then a chance of rain or snow showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent. Sunday Mostly sunny. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Highs in the lower 40s. Chance of snow 30 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE