Snow continues in Northern New England
Strong low pressure will keep snow going over northern New England into Thursday afternoon. Another low pressure area will bring snow to the central Plains and Mississippi Valley. Occasional rain and mountain snow is expected along the west coast and southern Rocky Mountains.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 14 mph
Barometer30.13 in (1020.4 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Asheville, Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.43 Lon: -82.54 Elev: 2165ft.
Overnight Mostly cloudy. Near steady temperatures in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Thursday Mostly cloudy. Highs around 50. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Friday Night Cloudy. Rain likely after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. East winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Saturday Rain and snow in the morning...then rain in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Near steady temperatures in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 90 percent. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy. Rain likely...mainly in the evening. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Sunday Through Monday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 40s. Lows in the lower 30s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s. Tuesday Night Rain showers likely in the evening...then rain or snow showers likely after midnight. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Wednesday Partly sunny. A chance of rain or snow in the morning... Then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE