Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 8 mph
Barometer29.97 in (1014.9 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
Gastonia Municipal Airport (KAKH)
Lat: 35.2 Lon: -81.15 Elev: 797ft.
Today Partly sunny. A chance of rain this afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tonight Rain likely. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Saturday Patchy fog in the morning. Rain. Cooler with highs in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Saturday Night Mostly clear. A chance of rain in the evening. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Night And Monday Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Highs in the upper 50s. Monday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Tuesday Through Wednesday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Lows in the lower 40s. Wednesday Night And Thursday Mostly cloudy. Lows around 50. Highs in the upper 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE