Relatively quiet weather pattern over much of the U.S.
A quieter weather pattern will continue to set up for most of the U.S. as arctic air continues to surge southward behind a cold front sweeping across the Southeast U.S. Expect temperatures to be 10 to 30 degrees below climate averages from the southern Plains to the Northeast on Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNE 9 mph
Barometer30.32 in (1026.2 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Hickory, Hickory Regional Airport (KHKY)
Lat: 35.74 Lon: -81.38 Elev: 1188ft.
Overnight Mostly cloudy. Much colder with lows around 20. North winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Friday Sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. North winds around 5 mph... Becoming southwest in the afternoon. Friday Night Clear. Cold with lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Sunny. Not as cool with highs in the mid 50s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Night Clear. Lows in the lower 30s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Monday Partly sunny. A chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 30 percent. Monday Night And Tuesday Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the upper 30s. Highs in the mid 50s. Tuesday Night Through Thursday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Highs in the upper 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE