Flash flooding possible across parts of Midwest
Showers and thunderstorms ahead of a strong cold front moving across the Midwest on Friday are expected to produce rainfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour, creating a risk of flash flooding across parts of southern Minnesota and northern and central Iowa. The flash flooding risk will continue into Saturday and move eastward, into the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedS 6 mph
Barometer29.74 in (1006.6 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Heat Index79°F (26°C)
Current conditions at
Grand Forks International Airport (KGFK)
Lat: 47.96 Lon: -97.18 Elev: 839ft.
Grand Forks County
Rest Of Today Mostly sunny. Highs 80 to 85. West winds around 10 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. West winds 5 to 15 mph. Saturday Partly sunny. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Breezy. West winds around 10 mph increasing to around 20 mph in the afternoon. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 55 to 60. Sunday Partly sunny with slight chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs 70 to 75. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Sunday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Monday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Monday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Tuesday Mostly sunny. Highs 75 to 80. Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Wednesday Partly sunny. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 80 to 85. Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Lows 55 to 60. Thursday Partly sunny. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 80 to 85.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE