Winter storm bringing snow, sleet and freezing rain from lower Miss. Valley to Northeast
A strong cold front moving across the eastern U.S. will bring heavy snow from parts of the Ohio Valley to the Northeast on Thursday, with rain, freezing rain and sleet possible from parts of the lower Mississippi Valley across the Southeast to the southern Mid-Atlantic. Snowfall totals of 5-10 inches are possible for some areas. Winter Storm Warnings remain in effect from Texas to Nantucket.
Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
Barometer30.26 in (1026.3 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
Fort Drum / Wheeler-Sack U. S. Army Airfield (KGTB)
Lat: 44.05 Lon: -75.73 Elev: 679ft.
Tonight Mostly cloudy early this evening...then clearing. Cold with lows 10 below to 15 below zero. Light west winds. Friday Mostly sunny and cold with highs 10 to 15. Light winds... Becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers overnight. Not as cold with lows 5 to 10 above. South winds 10 mph or less... Becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent. Saturday Snow showers likely. Cold with highs in the mid 20s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent. Saturday Night Cloudy. Snow showers likely in the evening...then a chance of snow showers overnight. Not as cold with lows 15 to 20. West winds 10 mph or less. Chance of snow 70 percent. Sunday And Sunday Night Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s. Lows 15 to 20. Monday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the lower 30s. Monday Night And Tuesday Mostly cloudy. Lows 15 to 20. Highs in the upper 30s. Tuesday Night And Wednesday Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Highs in the lower 40s. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Thursday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 30s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE