Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 6 mph
Barometer29.75 in (1010.2 mb)
Visibility6.00 mi Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Du Bois, Du Bois-Jefferson County Airport (KDUJ)
Lat: 41.18 Lon: -78.9 Elev: 1821ft.
Rest Of Tonight Snow showers. Additional snow accumulation around an inch. Near steady temperature around 19. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Tuesday Cloudy. Isolated snow showers in the morning...then scattered flurries in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows around 3 above. Colder. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 20s. West winds around 5 mph. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. Not as cold with lows 10 to 15. Thursday And Thursday Night Snow likely. Little or no snow accumulation. Not as cold. Highs in the lower 30s. Lows in the lower 20s. Chance of snow 60 percent. Friday Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow in the morning...then a chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 20s. Chance of snow 40 percent. Friday Night And Saturday Mostly cloudy. Very cold. Lows 5 below to zero. Highs around 20. Wind chill values as low as 15 below. Saturday Night And Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Very cold. Lows around 10 above. Highs around 20.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE