Major nor'easter to affect northeastern U.S.
The stage is being set for a major nor'easter to affect parts of the Northeast Monday through Wednesday. This system will be responsible for heavy snowfall and strong winds, with blizzard conditions possible along coastal areas from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Blizzard Warnings are in effect along the coast from central New Jersey to the Canadian border.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
Wind SpeedN 6 mph
Barometer29.75 in (1009.1 mb)
Visibility0.75 mi Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Pittsburgh, Allegheny County Airport (KAGC)
Lat: 40.35 Lon: -79.92 Elev: 1253ft.
Rest Of Tonight Snow. Snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches. Lows in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Monday Snow. Additional snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Monday Night Cloudy. Snow likely...mainly in the evening. Additional snow accumulation around an inch. Lows around 17. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent. Tuesday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy in the evening...then becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 13. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 20s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows around 15. Thursday Cloudy. Snow likely...mainly in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 30s. Chance of snow 60 percent. Thursday Night Cloudy. Snow showers likely...mainly in the evening. Lows in the lower 20s. Chance of snow 60 percent. Friday Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Colder with highs in the mid 20s. Chance of snow 40 percent. Friday Night And Saturday Mostly cloudy. Lows 5 to 10 above. Highs in the mid 20s. Saturday Night And Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 10 to 15. Highs in the lower 20s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE