Another day of heavy rainfall expected for the Southeast
The Southeast will experience another day of widespread moderate to heavy rain on Saturday as a system slowly moves northeastward. Upwards to 2 to 3 inches of rain are possible in the Carolinas, creating a threat for flash flooding. Residual moderate to major riverine flooding in the wake of this system remains a concern over the weekend in parts of Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi.
Wind SpeedNE 9 mph
Barometer30.24 in (1023.8 mb)
Current conditions at
Outlaw Field Airport (KCKV)
Lat: 36.62 Lon: -87.41 Elev: 550ft.
Today Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Patchy fog late in the night. Lows in the upper 40s. Light east winds. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds in the afternoon. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds. Monday Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Monday Night Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Highs in the lower 70s. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Thursday Night Warmer. Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 20 percent. Friday Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE