Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNE 5 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Rusk County Airport (KRFI)
Lat: 32.14 Lon: -94.85 Elev: 442ft.
Today Mostly clear. Highs around 60. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Tonight Patchy frost after midnight. Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. East winds around 5 mph. Sunday Patchy frost through mid morning. Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the mid 40s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Monday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Monday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the mid 50s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 50s. Thursday Becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Friday Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE