Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Barometer29.85 in (1011.1 mb)
Current conditions at
Raleigh / Durham, Raleigh-Durham International Airport (KRDU)
Lat: 35.89 Lon: -78.78 Elev: 394ft.
Tonight Mostly clear. Colder with lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Cold with lows in the lower 20s. North winds around 5 mph in the evening...becoming light and variable. Thursday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 40s. South winds around 5 mph...increasing to around 10 mph in the afternoon. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy in the evening...then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain. Not as cool with lows in the mid 30s. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Friday Night Clear. Colder with lows in the mid 20s. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Saturday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Cold with lows in the upper 20s. Sunday Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Sunday Night Showers likely. Lows in the upper 30s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Monday Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Monday Night And Tuesday Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s. Highs in the mid 40s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE