Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1026.9 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.44 Lon: -82.55 Elev: 2140ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 22. North northwest wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 38. North wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21. North northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A chance of rain, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 34. South southeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain. High near 43. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buncombe County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE