Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer30.05 in (1027.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-9°F (-23°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill-18°F (-28°C)
Current conditions at
Denver Intnl Arpt (KDEN)
Lat: 39.87 Lon: -104.67 Elev: 5414ft.
Denver International Airport CO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Occasional light snow before 8am. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -6. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Wind chill values as low as -14. South wind around 6 mph.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -12. South wind around 7 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -9. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming north after midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 14. North wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for North Douglas County Below 6000 Feet/Denver/West Adams and Arapahoe Counties/East Broomfield County, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE