Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.47 in (1032.4 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Friday Night Rain likely before 4am, then snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Snow likely before 8am, then rain. High near 47. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Rain likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow before 11am, then a chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sevier Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE