Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist and Breezy
- Wind SpeedN 24 G 36 mph
- Barometer29.59 in (1002.4 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility1.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73°N Lon: 86.27°W Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow with areas of blowing snow before 1pm, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow between 1pm and 5pm, then a slight chance of snow after 5pm. Temperature falling to around 29 by 2pm. Breezy, with a north northwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -3. North northwest wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Wind chill values as low as -2. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. South southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Breezy, with a southwest wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE