Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Windy
- Wind SpeedN 29 G 39 mph
- Barometer29.43 in (996.6 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73°N Lon: 86.27°W Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain and snow, possibly mixed with sleet before 1pm, then a chance of snow. Temperature falling to around 30 by 5pm. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 23 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -3. North northwest wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Wind chill values as low as -2. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. South southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Breezy, with a southwest wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE