Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Windy
- Wind SpeedNW 26 G 38 mph
- Barometer29.78 in (1008.8 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73°N Lon: 86.27°W Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 29. Blustery, with a north northwest wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. North northwest wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. South wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 13 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE