Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVRBL 7 MPH
- Barometer29.69 in (1006.9 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Montrose, Montrose Regional Airport (KMTJ)
Lat: 38.50500 Lon: -107.89750 Elev: 5758ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly before noon. High near 19. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow before 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Wind chill values as low as -10. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -4. Wind chill values as low as -15. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 23. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Gunnison and Uncompahgre River Basin, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE