Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
SCHOFIELD PASS (SOSC2)
Lat: 39.02°N Lon: 107.05°W Elev: 10700ft.
9 Miles SSW Snowmass Village CO
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow showers. High near 26. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 7. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming east after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after noon. Some thunder is also possible. Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE