Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedSW 1 G 1 MPH
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility2.10 mi
Current conditions at
Dowd Junction (10) (CO092)
Lat: 39.60794 Lon: -106.44911 Elev: 7747ft.
5 Miles WSW Red Cliff CO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 8. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7. West southwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE