Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.15 in (1021.2 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain, mainly before 4am. Areas of fog after 1am. Low around 35. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 7am. Areas of fog before noon. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. North wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly after 3am. Low around 36. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 44. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 43. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 51. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Knox County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE