Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer30.30 in (1028.0 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield-Branson National Airport (KSGF)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -93.38 Elev: 1259ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as 2. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 5. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37. Wind chill values as low as -1. South wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Wind chill values as low as 13. South wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. South wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greene County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE